The Walwa Bush Nursing Centre can provide district nursing services into your home to assist you with care needs. These needs may be as the result of a chronic ongoing condition or it may be an acute illness.
The District Nursing service is available ordinarily through weekdays, and in some cases can be available at weekends by arrangement. District nursing can be paid for by government funding such as post acute care in instances following hospitalization. In other circumstances the service is subsidised leaving only a minimal cost to the client.
District Nursing is normally arranged after a referral from your doctor, from another health professional, or through the Bush Nursing Centre. An initial assessment will ascertain your needs and the frequency that you will require the service.
Each visit costs $5.60. DVA gold card holders are paid for by DVA
This service means that the Walwa Bush Nursing Centre is really a “hospital without walls”.
CENTRE NURSING SERVICES
As well as District Nursing our nurses provide many services that are based at the centre including:
- Nursing consults for advice and education, Pathology collection.
- Health testing i.e. ECGs, blood pressure, blood sugar monitoring,
- Health assessments.
- Liaison with other health professionals on your behalf
- Case management and assistance with co-ordination of your health related needs.
- Liaison with the medical practice on your behalf, and assistance with care planning